Registration Barcode: TBD
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Load trailer at the Green Lake Small Craft Center, time TBD. Boat trailer heads to Canada.
Friday, April 29, 2016
4:30am Meet at the Green Lake boathouse. Athletes will travel by charter bus (Meridian Transportation Resources LLC). We will not wait for anyone who is late. Bring a sack breakfast and lunch, or you may buy food on the ferry. (No fresh fruit may cross the border)
***Bring 2 pieces of identification – your passport and photo ID ***
9:00am Ferry from Tsawwassen, B.C. to Vancouver Island
12:30pm Arrival at Brentwood School; unload food truck, rig boats
1:00pm Lunch at food tent
2:00-8:00pm Heats as scheduled
6:00-8:00pm Dinner at food tent
Saturday, April 30, 2016
5:00-8:00am Breakfast at food tent
10:30am-2:00pmLunch at food tent
5:00-7:00pm Dinner at food tent
Sunday, May 1, 2016
5:00-8:30am Breakfast at food tent
7:00-1:30pm Racing, followed by loading the trailer
9-12pm Food provided at race course for kids to load up
2:00pm Leave Brentwood School. (We MUST leave by 2:00pm in order to make the 4:00 ferry!)
3:15pm Arrive at ferry. (If we miss the ferry, we will arrive in Seattle 2 hrs late!!!)
4:00pm Ferry to Tsawwassen, B.C. Plan to buy dinner on the ferry.
TBD Arrival at boathouse to UNLOAD the trailers (finished between 8:30-11:30 pm)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bring Passport and a Photo ID
- Anyone who does not have a passport or is not a US citizen must obtain permits to cross the border. Please notify the Green Lake office if this is your situation so we can plan ahead.
- Sleeping bag, air mattress or pad for sleeping on the floor in Frances Kelsey Secondary School gymnasium, about one mile from Brentwood School.
- Racing uniforms, sun hat, sun screen, and rain gear All personal belongings must be clearly labeled with your name. We are not responsible for lost items. The meals that you are responsible for are:
- Friday – Breakfast and Lunch (bring food with you or money to buy meals on the ferry)
- Sunday – Dinner (bring money to buy food on ferry) The remaining meals are included in the cost of the regatta fee and will be served by our fabulous food tent volunteers. You may wish to bring some extra spending money because Brentwood has a concession stand with regatta shirts and other items for sale. **NOTE: Fruit restrictions are in place when crossing the border!!**COST: $385.00 payable to the “City of Seattle” or online with SPARC barcode: 147190. Payment covers entry fees, transportation, ferry fare, housing, equipment, coaching, and food on-site throughout the regatta at the Green Lake Crew tent. Payment is due BEFORE Tuesday, April 26th.TRANSPORTATION: Each athlete will be assigned to one bus for the entire trip and changes cannot be made. If you have other transportation plans, we must have a written note from your parents/guardian by April 26 which explains why and with whom you will be traveling before you will be allowed to leave.CHAPERONES: We need about 10 parent volunteers to accompany the group to Canada and stay overnight with in the gym. All meals are included at the food tent. Jason Frisk will be in charge of GLC and the head Parks Department representative. For additional information, please contact: Jason Frisk at GLSCC 206-684-4074.
- During the trip, in case of an emergency contact Jason Frisk at (c) 206-612-6341 or send me an email at Jason.Frisk@Seattle.gov
***DON’T LEAVE YOUR CAR PARKED AT GREEN LAKE***
There is no parking overnight at the Green Lake Small Craft Center; all cars in the parking lot after 2:00am will be towed at owner’s expense.