Customize the calendar view using the drop down menus below. Click on individual events for more details. If you’d like to subscribe to our calendar, see links at the bottom.
Registration Barcode: TBD
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Load trailer at the Green Lake Small Craft Center, time TBD. Boat trailer heads to Canada.
Friday, April 29, 2016
4:30am Meet at the Green Lake boathouse. Athletes will travel by charter bus (Meridian Transportation Resources LLC). We will not wait for anyone who is late. Bring a sack breakfast and lunch, or you may buy food on the ferry. (No fresh fruit may cross the border)
***Bring 2 pieces of identification – your passport and photo ID ***
9:00am Ferry from Tsawwassen, B.C. to Vancouver Island
12:30pm Arrival at Brentwood School; unload food truck, rig boats
1:00pm Lunch at food tent
2:00-8:00pm Heats as scheduled
6:00-8:00pm Dinner at food tent
Saturday, April 30, 2016
5:00-8:00am Breakfast at food tent
10:30am-2:00pmLunch at food tent
5:00-7:00pm Dinner at food tent
Sunday, May 1, 2016
5:00-8:30am Breakfast at food tent
7:00-1:30pm Racing, followed by loading the trailer
9-12pm Food provided at race course for kids to load up
2:00pm Leave Brentwood School. (We MUST leave by 2:00pm in order to make the 4:00 ferry!)
3:15pm Arrive at ferry. (If we miss the ferry, we will arrive in Seattle 2 hrs late!!!)
4:00pm Ferry to Tsawwassen, B.C. Plan to buy dinner on the ferry.
TBD Arrival at boathouse to UNLOAD the trailers (finished between 8:30-11:30 pm)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bring Passport and a Photo ID
- Anyone who does not have a passport or is not a US citizen must obtain permits to cross the border. Please notify the Green Lake office if this is your situation so we can plan ahead.
- Sleeping bag, air mattress or pad for sleeping on the floor in Frances Kelsey Secondary School gymnasium, about one mile from Brentwood School.
- Racing uniforms, sun hat, sun screen, and rain gear All personal belongings must be clearly labeled with your name. We are not responsible for lost items. The meals that you are responsible for are:
- Friday – Breakfast and Lunch (bring food with you or money to buy meals on the ferry)
- Sunday – Dinner (bring money to buy food on ferry) The remaining meals are included in the cost of the regatta fee and will be served by our fabulous food tent volunteers. You may wish to bring some extra spending money because Brentwood has a concession stand with regatta shirts and other items for sale. **NOTE: Fruit restrictions are in place when crossing the border!!**COST: $385.00 payable to the “City of Seattle” or online with SPARC barcode: 147190. Payment covers entry fees, transportation, ferry fare, housing, equipment, coaching, and food on-site throughout the regatta at the Green Lake Crew tent. Payment is due BEFORE Tuesday, April 26th.TRANSPORTATION: Each athlete will be assigned to one bus for the entire trip and changes cannot be made. If you have other transportation plans, we must have a written note from your parents/guardian by April 26 which explains why and with whom you will be traveling before you will be allowed to leave.CHAPERONES: We need about 10 parent volunteers to accompany the group to Canada and stay overnight with in the gym. All meals are included at the food tent. Jason Frisk will be in charge of GLC and the head Parks Department representative. For additional information, please contact: Jason Frisk at GLSCC 206-684-4074.
- During the trip, in case of an emergency contact Jason Frisk at (c) 206-612-6341 or send me an email at Jason.Frisk@Seattle.gov
***DON’T LEAVE YOUR CAR PARKED AT GREEN LAKE***
There is no parking overnight at the Green Lake Small Craft Center; all cars in the parking lot after 2:00am will be towed at owner’s expense.
Registration Barcode: 147192 (click to register online)
The 2016 Northwest Junior Regional Championships will be held on Vancouver Lake in Vancouver, Washington on Friday, May 20, Saturday, May 21, and Sunday, May 22, but because of earlier racing on Friday morning, we will actually be leaving for the regatta on Thursday afternoon May 19. There will be a six-lane, 2,000-meter buoyed race course. Racing is tentatively scheduled from approximately 8:00am to about 4:30pm on Friday, 7:00am to 4:30pm on Saturday, and from 7:00am to 12:00pm on Sunday. The final schedule will be known closer to the regatta date.
Thursday, May 19, 2016
BUSES: Meet at the GREEN LAKE boathouse at 4:00 pm for a 4:15 pm departure. We will go straight to the hotel where we will be staying all weekend. The Shilo Inn, Hazel Dell, 360-573-0511
Friday, May 20, 2016
Coaches and coxswains meeting in the morning. Heats all day.
Saturday, May 21, 2016
Racing all day at Vancouver Lake. Buses will make trips out to the lake in the morning, buses will make return trips back to the Hotel in the evening.
Sunday, May 22, 2016
Racing until mid-day at Vancouver Lake. Take all of your belongings with you when you leave the hotel in the morning. The group will depart about 2 to 2:30pm (or when racing is finished and the trailer is loaded) and should arrive in Seattle to unload boats about 6:30pm.
Our Green Lake food tent will provide meals this weekend with menus similar to those at Brentwood. Friday an extended lunch will be served and on Saturday both breakfast and an extended lunch will be served, then breakfast & lunch on Sunday. There are many fast food type restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance of the Shilo Inn.
The cost for the trip is $430.00. Payment covers transportation, housing, equipment transport, entry fees, and snacks, lunches, and some dinners.
Payment is due on or before Tuesday May 17, 2016. PARENTS PLEASE NOTE: The regatta budget is attached. We have tried to keep the regatta expenses down as much as possible. Please contact Jason Frisk for further questions and details, 206-684-4074.
If your athlete is not travelling with the team (i.e. riding with parents to or from the regatta) we need written permission from a parent/guardian in advance. This can be an email to email@example.com or a written note delivered to the office. All athletes must travel with the team unless we receive this advance, written permission.
We are staying at the Shilo Inn-Hazel Dell outside of Vancouver, WA. (360-573-0511) 13206 Highway 99, Vancouver, WA 98686. Jason will be staying in room 120. We have a few extra hotel rooms if any parents are in need of housing for the trip.
WHAT TO BRING:
Don’t forget your team racing uniform, water bottle, rain gear, sun hat, and sun screen. All personal belongings must be clearly labeled with your name, as we cannot be responsible for lost items.
Volunteers are needed to accompany the group and to help at the race course! Chaperons travel and stay with the team. Responsibilities include planning and preparing lunches, assisting in the official GLC tents and assisting with supervision at the hotel. Space on the busses is limited this year, so if you cannot drive call as soon as possible to reserve your space. Please contact Jason in the office at GLSCC (206-684-4074) if you have any questions. Jason Frisk will be in charge of the Green Lake group, and will be able to be reached at the hotel phone number, or at his cell phone, 206-612-6341 or email at Jason.Frisk@Seattle.gov