Please Join Us for the Annual Raisin' of the Green Auction for Green Lake Crew
APRIL 1, 2023 | Nile Golf & Country Club | 6601 244th SW, Mountlake Terrace
It’s time once again to get together for a fun night celebrating what makes GLC great while raising funds that keep our programs running. Whether you are a current GLC junior family, a Masters rower, an alum of the program, or just an all-around supporter of crew, we welcome your participation in the 27th Annual Raisin’ of the Green!
Why do we have an auction? In addition to gathering as a community, the auction helps fund program needs that are not otherwise covered at Green Lake. We strive to keep the cost of our classes and regattas as low as possible for our rowers, while providing a high quality program. Fundraising is what makes that possible! Things that are not covered by class fees include all of our equipment (boats, oars, cox boxes, megaphones, launches, trucks, trailers, safety equipment, regatta supplies, and more), coaching education and training, and financial aid. Generous donors like you help make sure that everyone who wants to row at Green Lake can afford to and has the resources to succeed.
Due to Covid concerns, we are having a hybrid event this year, with an in-person dinner as well as online bidding for our Silent Auction for those who cannot attend. If attending in person, you can purchase your tickets and then you’ll be guided to register as a bidder. If participating remotely, you only need to register as a bidder.
Please use the buttons above to connect to our event website, and thank you for your support of Green Lake Crew!
Donate an Auction Item!
We welcome your help in making the auction a success by procuring items for the evening. You could donate something you’ve purchased or made, something you solicit from a business you frequent, or an experience which only you can connect our bidders with! Not sure if your idea is suitable? Email us and we’ll be happy to brainstorm with you. You’d be surprised what can make a great auction item with a little imagination!
To get your creative juices flowing, here are some items that have proved popular in the past or that we’ve seen done well:
- Tickets: Could you part with some of your season tickets to the Seahawks, Mariners, Sounders, Kraken, Seawolves, Reign, Storm, or Huskies? How about theater or concert tickets—will you be out of town the weekend that your tickets to the symphony or the 5th Avenue Theater roll around?
- Signed memorabilia: Do you know a local celebrity who would donate signed photos or memorabilia, or do you have something from your personal collection you could offer?
- Lodging/Vacation/Recreation: A condo at Crystal? A beach cabin in the San Juans? It could be a great get-away weekend for another GLC supporter. How about hosting a foursome at your club? Think of it as a new “green fee.”
- Gift baskets: Seattle coffee favorites? Northwest wines? The finest regional chocolate makers? A variety of spirits from our local distillers? A spa package? A basket for a home cook? A gift assortment of books or puzzles or art supplies?
- Custom goods are all the rage! Maybe you know a great product that can be customized in GLC colors or with our logo? Get in touch and we’ll share the digital art files you’ll need to make a custom item turn out great!
- Gift cards: Got a favorite business you’d like to support? Consider asking for a donation of or purchasing a gift card for a restaurant, spa, paddleboard rental, bakery/coffee shop, etc. You support your neighborhood business, and introduce a GLC family to a great new spot!
- Your skills: whether it’s web design, accounting, construction, photography, massage therapy, yard work, dentistry, Christmas decorating, music lessons, baking, or something else, someone in the GLC community could use a few hours of your time!
- Unique experiences: Do you cruise on Opening Day or race on Lake Union on summer evenings? Think about taking along another fan of GLC. Can you bake—and deliver—cookies on the first weekend of each month for the rest of the year? Are you skilled at something that you could teach others to do, like cooking or woodworking? Maybe your profession is fascinating enough that another family would pay to have their kid “shadow” you for a day in ‘the real world.’ We’ve auctioned off everything from veterinary services to an afternoon observing orthopedic surgery at Virginia Mason.
- Low cost/high fun: last time, we auctioned off a luxury finish-line experience at our Summer Regatta, with cushy seating and snacks under a tent for the best views of the race. We’ve also auctioned tours of exclusive spaces around the area that aren’t usually open to the public, like the Boeing and Pocock factories. Got a connection to a fascinating hidden spot that you could arrange a visit to?
- Host an event: Are you a great cook, or someone who loves to throw parties? You could offer an event in your home for a small group.
- For our alums: do you have a retro piece of GLC merchandise that’s in great shape that you wouldn’t mind parting with? Gen Z loves throwback swag!
- The sky really is the limit: Can you send someone on a hot air balloon ride? Got a connection for some Alaska Airlines tickets? Kenmore Air? Have a relative who teaches flying?
We’re sure you can come up with something at least as good as any of these ideas. Let us know what you’ve got in mind, or click the button to go to the donation form right now!
- Hosted beer/wine
- Silent auction
- Buffet dinner
- Dessert Dash
- Live auction
- Raise the Paddle
$75 per person
Dinner buffet | hosted beer and wine
RSVP BY MARCH 15. Click the Tickets button to register online (preferred), or call in your details to the office at 206.684.4074
Other ways to participate:
- Donate an item for the silent or live auction
- Make a cash donation
COVID PROTOCOLS: Proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test within 72 hours are required to attend. Additionally, a rapid antigen test the evening of the event is recommended.