It’s time once again to get together for a fun night celebrating what makes GLC great while raising funds for the continuation of our scholarship and equipment funds. Whether you are a current GLC family, an alum of the program, or just an all-around supporter of crew, we welcome your participation in the 26th Annual Raisin’ of the Green!
Mark your calendars and plan to join us April 4, 2019,
at the Nile Shrine Golf Center, 6601 244th St SW, Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
We also welcome your help in making the auction a success by procuring items for the evening. You can download our donation form above. To get your creative juices flowing, here are some items that have proved popular in the past:
- Tickets: Could you part with some of your season tickets to the Seahawks, Mariners, or Huskies? How about theater or concert tickets—will you be out of town the weekend that your tickets to the symphony or the Rep roll around?
- Lodging/Vacation/Recreation: A condo at Crystal? A beach cabin in the San Juans? It could be a great get-away weekend for another GLC supporter. How about hosting a foursome at your club. Think of it as a new “green fee.”
- Food and/or beverage baskets: Seattle coffee favorites? Northwest wines? The finest regional chocolate makers? The martini basket was a big hit in 2011!
- “Personal services”: Do you cruise on Opening Day or race on Lake Union on summer evenings? Think about taking along another fan of GLC. Can you bake—and deliver—cookies on the first weekend of each month for the rest of the year? Maybe your profession is fascinating enough that another family would pay to have their kid “shadow” you for a day in ‘the real world.’ We’ve auctioned off everything from Veterinary services to an afternoon observing orthopedic surgery at Virginia Mason.
- The sky really is the limit: Can you send someone on a hot air balloon ride? Kenmore Air? Got a relative who teaches flying?
We’re sure you can come up with something at least as good as any of these ideas. Let us know what you’ve got in mind!